Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”

First off, I'm in Texas... Whaa??
Yes. And its a pretty funny story too.

November 18th I went to the Marine Ball with my best friend Cody Ronk, in Palms Springs California. It was a pretty... lets just say it was an interesting weekend...

At the ceremony they showed us videos of Marines, and what they stand for, it was such an awesome experience being able to be at the Marine ball, seeing all of these men and women dressed in their uniform representing the Marines.
I'm so proud of Cody and Giovanni (my brother) for being in the Military, and all of the men and women serving our country.

This is Cody and me :)
Sunday rolled around and I was leaving for Utah... I was a complete wreck that day, I could not stop bawling my eyes out at the airport, everyone was probably thinking something horrible had happen to me. HA nope. Pretty much my brother left for basic training for the army that day and I only got to say good bye through the phone.
(But its all good now, I get to see him for Christmas)
and two I was extremely homesick!

I had found out that I probably couldn't go home for Christmas this year because I couldn't afford to pay six hundred and something dollars to just go home for MAYBE 4 days.

 Once finally calmed down, I went to the little gift shop they had their and got a snack before I needed to board the plane.

As I was walking back I read the screen that said Arizona on time and Salt Lake on time, I asked this man what flight he was in line for and he said Arizona... I thought perfect my flight is next, I'll just sit down eat my food and wait till Salt Lake starts lining up...After 10 minutes of me day dreaming I guess... I looked around me and everyone was GONE... -_-
Turns out that Arizona and Salt Lake were on the same flight together, and I missed my flight... I literally watched my plane board and leave without me and I had NO IDEA!

First I thought this would happen to me!!
I honestly could not help but laugh at myself! My situation made me think of this quote Mallory shared with me a while back by Sister Hinkely... it says...

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I Immediately texed Mallory and Cody and told them what happened...

Cody's Response: You're ridiculous...
Mallory's Response: You amaze me...

My two best friends know me so well, and they know only this kind of stuff happens to me... ALL THE TIME! haha
But they love me either way...right guys? ;)

So I went out back to the checking area and asked what I could do since I missed my flight... she told me she would just put me on the next flight available... the only problem was the next available flight was full and there was no guarantee I would be on it, and the next one after that wasn't till Monday morning!


While still sitting there I had this very strong impression that I needed to go home to Texas... That there was a reason I missed the flight, and there was a reason why the flight to Texas was only $215, compared to Utah's flights that were over $400!

I called my mom gave her the idea, of course she was all for it...

My poor mother, her emotions were one big roller coaster that day. One child left for basic training for 5 months, the other came home after being gone for about 5 months.

Long story short I'm home, not my apartment in Utah home, but home! Home in Texas!

I've realized so much being here in Texas, I realized that I have become the biggest baby ever since I've moved out on my own. It's ridiculous to think back and remember all of the stupid things I cried or got upset about. I think the best thing to do is what Sister. Hinkley teaches us, to laugh it off.




2 comments:

  1. Finally you blog!!!! Yes! Keep it up. I need to creep now that I don't have Facebook.

    P.S. I love Sis Hinckley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bugged with you! I just stumbled onto your blog and read your last post. I'm glad that you made it to Texas!! I'm so bugged you wouldn't call me. What were you going to do in Utah for Christmas?! We love you and would love to see you. If you ever need anything you better call us. I'm serious. If even if it's a ride to the airport or a home cooked meal. CALL ME!! Hope you make it back to Utah safe!
    ~Alyse

    ReplyDelete